Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy Fasting!

  

   Today, we started fasting here, in Indonesia! So I want to say, happy fasting for all my Muslim brothers and sisters!
   Well, the first day was going pretty fast, but as usual, so many 'delicious' foods and drinks when I went to supermarket with my mom. As well as 'delicious' dresses. Hahaha, just kidding! In Indonesia, it's a tradition to buy new dresses before Eid Mubarak. You can find many massive discounts in (most of) the departement stores, and for teen girls like me, there's a lot of long-sleeves dress (if you go shopping on ordinary days, all you can find are some bunch of dresses for kids without long sleeves). But there are some shops who increase the price, too, and no one cares, as long as they can afford it. Where you can find those people wearing new dresses? In the mosque, when we pray at the yard of the mosque, one day after fasting ends. On that day, we will visit our families, taste homemade cookies, and.... well, another fun activities. Sweet!
   By the way, that's all my post for today. But wait... no, tomorrow I have to go to school! See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment